Friday, January 15, 2010

My Crappy, Stinky, Very Bad Week

I haven’t blogged much at all lately because it’s been a pretty crappy week and I couldn’t think of anything other than the trouble that has creeped into our home. Even work has been a welcome interruption. I just come in, play some good music through my headphones and bang out the work. I can’t believe how much I’ve gotten done this week. I can’t believe how much I NEEDED to get done. Let’s just say I haven’t exactly been the ideal employee since the holidays. If we’re being honest, it’s been longer than that, but…..sssshhhhh! Don’t tell anyone.

So a few days ago I had to go to the doctor because I had been cramping for a couple days and it became worse, so there was no denying something was wrong. Fortunately, it was just an infection, but now I’ve spent a few days worried about preterm labor. What happens if the cramping continues? And it has. Will it push me into labor? It’s too early. I’m only 21 weeks. Thank goodness I have an appointment next Tuesday.

Then Savannah brought home her report card. Not good. The annoying thing is the girl is smart. She’s got things working just fine upstairs, but she forgets things: books, due dates, even paper sometimes. The A’s and B’s she could be getting turn into C’s and D’s after the teacher takes her deductions off. I feel partly to blame because I haven’t been diligent about checking her homework every night the way I used to. She’s in 5th grade now. She should be learning responsibility for her own work, right? I’ll get back to you on that one.

Then Monday the spit hit the fan. Can I say shit on Blogger? Well, I just did, but spit seems appropriate anyway since I’m sure some was flying around when the yelling ensued. That’s when Pat saw the report card. I’m sure he felt blindsided when he found out I saw it on Friday and he didn’t get it until Monday. I just didn’t want a stressed out weekend because I knew he would be even more upset than I was about her grades. Instead I’ve had a stressed out week, which has 3 more days than a weekend. What the hell was I thinking? I think he’s more hurt by me than anything. I didn’t keep our partnership first, which is what they all say you should do. How can your family stay strong if you and your spouse don’t have a tight union?

Then this morning, 2 of the women whose blogs I read posted pics of their twins. So what do I do, you ask? I cry of course, because I’m obviously still not done grieving……And I’ve had a crappy, stinky, pretty bad week.

Thank God I have lunch plans with my friend Crystal today. She has a way of making things seem better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment