Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the Grind

Today is my first day back at work since Dec. 23rd. Let’s just say it’s been…hell. There’s no other word for it.

I returned to more emails with new, stupid rules, and I sit right next to my boss who I feel listens to every phone call I make, listens to how much I type on the keyboard, and monitors how many times I take a bathroom break. (This is all probably just in my head. I have a very active imagination. The new rules that are being imposed on us are not part of my imagination, however.)

I just can’t get motivated to do much today and it’s frustrating me. And that frustration has caused me to gorge on chocolate (yes - I’m seeking blame on something other than my appetite), and now my stomach hurts.

Boss, can I go home?

I’m so lame…make that lazy. Actually, it’s boredom. I need new challenges.

But what is making this day even more difficult is the picture on my desktop. It’s this one of Sarah.



After spending almost 2 weeks at home for the holidays, I’m dying to be home with her. I’ve been spoiled.

Seriously...can I go home now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment