Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Many Faces of Pace

Pace has become a very complex person in his old age. He goes through a wide range of emotions whenever I have to wake him.

I know, I know. You should never wake a sleeping baby, but sometimes it’s unavoidable. Like when you’re running late for work, AND your office is right next to your boss, AND you still need to feed the baby before you can walk out the door, as in this morning. It was a very harried morning.

But back to the subject…

When I lay Pace down on the changing table he likes to show his range of emotions. He goes from frustration to confusion to pure happiness.

First he furrows his brow, rubs his fists all over his face, and stares me down.

“Dude, what’s the big deal? I was sleeping, man.”

Then he lifts his eyebrows.

“Wait a minute. Where am I? Who are you and what are you doing to my pee pee?”

And then comes my favorite part. A grin spreads across his face and turns into a huge, open-mouthed smile.

“I know you! You’re Mommy....Dairy Queen....The Boob.

FEED ME!”

He’s three months old and he’s already acting like a teenager. Jeez!

2 comments:

  1. there is nothing better than one of their big cute baby smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, even when their diaper smells and weighs 2 lbs. They smile and no one cares anymore about the loaded diaper!

    ReplyDelete