Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Father's Day Card, of Sorts

I want to take some time today to say “Happy Father’s Day” to a few of the men in my life.

To my father-in-law,

“Big Pat” and I share the same birthday, therefore the same sign, and therefore a (slight) stubborn trait that can get us in trouble.





He's a fantastic grandfather, and he’s coming to meet his first grandson in less than two weeks.


To my brother-in-law,



Rick and I share a few traits that I don’t care to admit. He’s been there for us whenever we’ve needed him, though, be it with a lawnmower, a truck, or an extra key to our house. I sure will miss you when you move, Rick. A special dessert is coming your way soon.




To my father,



Last Father’s Day I sang a song titled, “Finally Home” by the band MercyMe at church. It sums up how I feel.

“Finally Home”

I’m gonna wrap my arms around my daddy’s neck
And tell him that I’ve missed him
And tell him all about the (woman) I became
And hope that it pleased him
There’s so much I want to say
There’s so much I want you to know
When I finally make it home.



You can listen to it hear. It's a beautiful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnTu0i9cj-I


And to my husband,

Thank you for being such a hands-on dad.



For loving your children with all of your heart and making sure they feel that love.



I haven’t said it near enough since the birth of our son, but I appreciate all of you’ve done, and are doing, to try to make it easier on me.

For feeding him at night so I can sleep.

For taking your turn holding him when he cries (and not wanting to give him up).

For offering to do anything I need.



I love you so much.

Happy Father’s Day, Honey.

And Happy Father’s Day to all you daddies out there!

2 comments:

  1. Nice tribute Brat. I'm flattered once again. Please don't forget that I will be here right around the corner 4 days a week this summer, with keys, lawn mower, whatever you need! Looking forward to dessert. Hopefully once the dust settles after the move, I may be able to visit Nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely column and I love the photos as well. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete