Monday, April 19, 2010

Yes, I’m still here. I hope you are, too.

I took some time to grieve and rest, and then work kicked up into fifth gear. I feel like I’m driving down the highway in a Toyota with sudden acceleration and just hope I can slow it down or find a rubber tree on the side of the road.

I’m working like crazy to meet more deadlines than humanly possible over the next few days with the phone ringing every 5 minutes, plus I’m trying to get things organized for whoever takes over my position while I’m out on maternity leave. Not to mention the things I need to get done here at home before the little one makes his appearance in approximately….5 weeks! Yeah! I actually managed to get some things done this weekend. I was very proud. I was achy last night, but I was able to lay down with a sense of accomplishment.

I realize I owe you the story of Gilligan (RIP). I also have an urge to write about another someone special in my life. I’ll try to bust those out as my emotions allow…somewhere in between the deadlines, ringing phone, and the toddler jumping on the couch next to me right now.

I promise. I won’t take another holiday for a while.

Well, not until I have an infant in my arms.

0 comments:

Post a Comment