Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Quick Rant

Okay…so I’ve been sitting here this morning thinking about a topic for today. I was originally going to post pics of the girls for Easter and give an Easter egg update. Then I surfed the web a little to see who was voted off American Idol last night. Big Mike! Come on! He’s one of my favorites this season. I was going to vent about the tone deafness that seems to be plaguing America right now. Or at least American Idol voters (and a few others that I won’t talk about).

BUT THEN…

I saw the new Nike/Tiger Woods ad. I read that it’s controversial, so naturally I watched and then read the article explaining the controversy.

I’m furious!

In case you haven’t seen it, it’s just a black and white shot of Tiger looking into the camera all “remorseful.” In the background you hear his deceased father’s voice asking Tiger what he was thinking, how he feels, did he learn anything. Obviously, he was talking about something besides the infamous affairs….and more affairs….and, oh yeah, even more affairs.

The article I read stated the controversy was Nike using his dead father’s words “without his permission.” Really??? That’s the controversy? How many millions does Tiger get for one ad with Nike? Shouldn’t the outrage be more about this golfer (and that’s all he is) making money off of cheating on his wife?

I never had feelings about this guy one way or another until the numerous affairs surfaced. I pretty much came to the conclusion that the guy’s a phony and a jerk and needs some serious help with his zipper.

Now?

He’s a BLEEPity BLEEP BLEEP!

And that’s all I’ve got to say about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment