Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome Spring...I Think

Our last day of winter was beautiful. The sun was out with a temp in the mid-70's. It was the perfect day to drive around listening to some amped up U2 and the windows rolled down. A great way to say good-bye to an unusual winter for us here in the south. Remember? We had snow for the first time on Christmas Day. Then there was that freak blizzard that left us without power for a couple days. I was very anxious to leave this winter in the past and welcome spring with open arms and open windows.

So what was the first day of spring like?

FREAKING COLD!

For our usual Saturday romp we had to bundle up in our coats and sweaters, items I had almost packed away a few days before. Thank God for low energy.

How was the second day of winter? I woke to this...



And this...



And this...



3 to 4 inches. Seriously? In March? In the land of "if you've had one snow day, you know you're done for the year?"

My youngest takes after me. She clung to her Ziggy and made a cocoon for herself in the middle of her room.



If winter threatens not to secede, that looks like a good plan to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment