Saturday, May 29, 2010

One Week

Pace is now one week old. Ok…one week old plus one day. I didn’t get this post up yesterday like I planned.

His umbilical stump fell off yesterday. We made that discovery after we returned home from lunch out and some grocery shopping. I was changing his diaper and saw his belly button free and clear. I couldn’t find the stump, though. I looked at Pat and asked, “What if it fell through the bottom of his onesie in the grocery store?” Simultaneously, we both stole a phrase from Sarah….

“Ewwww!!”

I could just see this little black stump being kicked around in the dairy department. Or worse, by the bagels hidden among the fallen poppy seeds. I’ll stop before I get really gross.

Pat found it lurking among the folds of the onesie and we both breathed a sigh of relief.

On another note, I’ve started reading Anne Lamott’s “Operating Instructions.” This makes my third time through as I also read it when both of my girls were infants. It’s a journal of her son’s first year. It’s hilarious, sad at times, and completely validating. She’s honest about how it feels when the baby won’t stop crying or nursing, or sleep for the fifth night in a row.

Pace has kept me up until 3:00 in the morning for two nights now. I’m exhausted….

and completely in love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment