Monday, December 3, 2012

A Long Awaited Post

Not long ago I was talking to my teen daughter, Savannah, about the books she likes to read. I’m trying to get some Christmas ideas, you know. She said, “Your blog is my favorite thing to read. Why don’t you write on it anymore?”

Well, Savannah, Mommy has had a year-long stage of writer’s block.



Quite honestly, I just didn’t feel I had anything interesting to say anymore. I guess I felt stunted, static, bored. That’s not fun to write about.

But I’ve been thinking about Savannah’s words and how I hate that she seems let down a little that her mom stopped doing something she enjoyed.

I’ve been thinking about my love for writing and how much I long for it and miss it.

I remembered just how much I enjoyed being a part of an online community…a funny, insightful, and supportive community, and how I got to know some of my husband’s long distance, long-time friends through this blog.

I’m also in a different place now than I was a year ago, even 6 months ago. I’m working in a new job that has changed my outlook on things, both material & spiritual.

I’ve decided that I do have something to say. I’ll be writing about that new outlook and the recent experiences that have brought on these changes. Things that I want my kids to know.

Of course, I’ll still be sharing those embarrassing mommy moments. I don’t think my mother & aunt would let me get away without those. (And I think those are the posts that have made this blog Savannah’s favorite thing to read.)

So, thank you, Savannah, for being Mom’s #1 fan and for encouraging me to write again. This blog post is dedicated to you, Sweetie.


0 comments:

Post a Comment